As soon as the school supplies begin to appear at the stores, I get very excited because I know a new school year will begin shortly. I consider myself very lucky to be able to have a career doing something I love so much. I have been teaching for almost 15 years, everything from middle school to 4K! Along with my fellow teachers, I enjoy watching and being a part of a child's academic growth and development. I find that as each year passes I grow along with my students in my faith, and in building a relationship with God.
My philosophy about teaching includes the following.
- I believe that everyone can find success, wherever it may be hiding; usually it just takes someone to help them with the treasure map.
- I promise to embrace the fun in learning and try to make our classroom climate comfortable for everyone.
- I look forward to seeing success from everyone and celebrate the big and little victories alike.
- I expect respect to given and received, and to live in the light that God gives us.
- Students have a job to be the best student they can be. I have a job to be the best teacher I can be. Together we can have a great success.