COMMUNITY ROOM, GATHERING SPACE, SPANGLER
HALL (MULTIPURPOSE ROOM) AND ITS ENTRY WAY
SALES GUIDELINES 2010-2011
One weekend per month will be designated as Hospitality weekend. On that weekend, Standing Committees of the Parish will sponsor community-building activities in the Community Room. Established groups of the parish who have fundraising needs may sign-up to sell items on these weekends, working with the monthly Hospitality committee.
SALES OR APPEALS
THESE CONDITIONS APPLY TO ANY SALE OR APPEAL
1. The selling of items or appeals will usually take place inside the Community Room. Scrip may at times need to relocate outside of the Community Room if the Community Room is scheduled for classes or other events.
2. The selling of items or appeals is limited to parish groups and “affiliated” organizations (i.e. Home and School, Athletic Association.) All profits from these sales must benefit the parish group or “affiliated” organization.
3. Outside organizations (i.e. Boy and Girl Scouts of America, Interfaith, etc) are limited to two sales or fund raising activities per year. All outside organizations must be sponsored and or approved by the Parish in order to use the spaces as referenced in the Guidelines.
4. Soliciting within Spangler Hall is not allowed during Fish Fries or other Social Events. Sales/solicitations may be allowed outside of Spangler Hall upon written approval of the Director of Administrative Services at least two weeks prior to a scheduled Fish Fry or social event.
5. On New Years, all of Holy Week, Pentecost and Christmas, no sales/solicitations will be allowed. Sales will be allowed on all other weekends that the spaces have not been previously scheduled for other Parish activities. Organizations selling items or making appeals are responsible for set up and clean up. Failure to clean up will result in a call back with necessary clean-up an absolute requirement.
6. There may be a maximum of four groups selling in the referenced spaces at one time.
7. The sale of anything is limited to one weekend per month. An exception to this guideline may be obtained, with approval, from the Parish Council upon written request submitted by the first of the month for the following month’s sale. The sale of Scrip is exempted from this requirement.
8. Approved classroom sales are allowed.
9. Private fundraisers are not allowed at any time.
Written approval MUST be obtained from the Director of Administrative Services at least two weeks in advance or from the Parish Council (see 7. Above) by the first of the month prior to the following month to conduct sales or appeals, in the Community Room, Gathering Space and Spangler Hall on any weekend (with the exception of the times listed in 5. above, when no sales are allowed.) Only organizations with written approval will be allowed to conduct sales or appeals on any designated weekend.
It is recommended that all committees and organizations annually review their sales and appeals to determine their effectiveness and need.
Provisional guidelines, to be revisited in one year.