School Mission / Philosophy / Catholic Values
St. Alphonsus School Mission Statement
- St. Alphonsus Catholic School, in partnership with the family and community, provides academic excellence for the students in order to impact and serve our world for Christ.
St. Alphonsus Philosophy of Education
We believe that...
- Caring is essential and must be part of the climate for an effective student learning environment.
- All students must experience success through varied learning modalities.
- Love is all around us and is evident through Peace and Respect. Therefore, as responsible Christians, we encourage one another to act with reverence toward God, ourselves, others, and our world.
- Learning is important! Challenging students creates the rigor needed to be prepared for the future of our world.
St. Alphonsus School Goals
- Establish a climate of respect in which students show reverence toward God and act with respect for self, others, and the environment.
- Nurture a Christ-centered culture through liturgy, prayer, religious instruction, and a life-long love of learning rooted in Catholic values and the conviction to follow them.
- Reach and maintain excellent academic programs that set high expectations which challenge each student.
- Include everyone’s talents and interests through differentiation of instruction so that creativity is fostered and individual needs are addressed.
- Create an environment that encourages student responsibility and provides opportunities for leadership and service to others.
- Help students to understand that learning is the process of acquiring and applying knowledge and assess them based on their ability to think critically and solve problems.